Tuesday 12 June 2012

Inside The California Gurl

Well, that's it! I've completed my Katy Perry California Gurl outfit! Just got to see if I've got the guts to wear it out now! This post will have pics of the process and up close and personal ones to show the detail.



This is how the corset looked before I worked on it. One of the cheapest on ebay which is always good!



corset before I start work on it

Then I cut out candy cane shapes from pink stripe fabric (you could use red, I just love pink) and covered the pink stripes in pink glitter.


The Beginning

Then I printed out some images of sweets, lollipops and unicorns onto printable fabric and glued onto the corset. I then painted glue over the top to keep from running if it rains (probably in England) or spill my drink (also very likely) 



Before the sparkles!




Let the sparkling commence!!





So now all I need is the Katy Perry California Gurl loveheart headband! Luckily I already make those anyway and they're really easy to make and great to add to a fancy dress outfit!

Cut a loveheart out of card or cardboard, as long as it's quite thick and not too bendy. Cut a hole in the middle and basically all you need to do is get some strips of net and thread it through the hole and around the loveheart. You can do multi coloured, two colours or just a block colour. Best to leave any birds in the cage as they don't help the process! Once you've come to the end of your piece of net tie it in a knot onto what will be the 'back' of your love heart. You can always cover the knots up later





Rocco likes to help out

If you're doing a multi coloured one sometimes the colours might not look great together half way through but keep going, once you've got all your colours added it will come together! It can be pretty slow going the first time but you'll get the hang of it. You can add as many layers as you like, there's no wrong way of doing this.




And voila, that's your heart! Slide a headband down the side of some of your strips, glue it in place so it doesn't wobble and there you have your very own Katy Perry Califronia Gurl headband!



Katy Perry Headband





No comments:

Post a Comment